Resin Fibre Discs
Resin fibre discs are manufactured utilizing a multilayer, heavy duty vulcanized fibre as backing, which is then covered with a resin bond coat specially designed to resist loading, glazing and grain stripping. This bond coat is then covered with mineral abrasive grains formulated for toughness and sharpness. Resin fibre discs are available in many different styles. Variances include the diameter, the arbor hole size, the shape of the disc, and the shape of the arbor hole. Gemtex® has the flexibility to create custom and special discs.
Showing 1–12 of 16 results
Ceramic Ultra-XCeramic Ultra-X: The new Ceramic Ultra-X is manufactured with a high quality grain that has a much finer crystalline structure. Such a unique mineral fracture provides the abrasive product with a longer life, and more aggressive grains with an improved self-sharpening effect. Significant performance advantages include a higher metal removal rate at faster cutting speeds with a lower grinding temperature and less friction. All of which correlate to shorter cycle times and less disc changes, resulting in reduced cost per part and an excellent cost/performance ratio. Ceramic Ultra-X line is top-sized. A top-sized product can positively impact the workpiece through a reduction in metal discoloration/oxidation, as well as minimal heat related stress cracks. It can also benefit the abrasive through reduced loading, glazing and dullingRead more
PMD SUPREMEPMD SUPREME: Innovative Ceramic Resin Fibre Disc for industrial metal applications: PMD SUPREME provides ultimate grinding performance in new 100% SG Ceramic Grain with top coat. Developed especially for use on stainless steel and other alloys for maximum performance.Read more
- Top coat with ultimate grinding aid and cooling aid.
- Long lasting life on stainless steel, carbon steel and high nickel and alloy metals.
- Meets maximum productivity at reduced cost.
“PMD” Type“PMD” Type are Premium Metal Discs developed especially for use on stainless steel and other alloys. Provides higher cut rates and cooler grinding temperatures. Heat treated blue fired ceramically coated aluminum oxide and ceramic grain. Custom blended grinding aid.Read more
- Synthetic wax
- Anti glazing, anti loading, cool grinding product
- Works on hardest metals like stainless steel 300 series, carbon steel, exotic alloys and titanium
- Elite metal grinding
ZEE SUPREMEZEE SUPREMERead more
- ZEE SUPREME provides ultimate: grinding performance in 100% Zirconia with TOP COAT.
- It provides ultimate cost effective when used in high production application.
- Cool grinding action reduces glazing and loading.
- Very high stock removal
- Premium Zirconia grit delivers ultimate grinding performance in resin fibre discs
- Advanced bonding formulation provides cool grinding action, extending disc life
- Cool grinding action reduces glazing and loading.
- Available up to 120 grit
GEM SUPREMEGEM SUPREME Latest innovative Resin Fibre Disc with advanced technology for superior grinding applications.Read more
- GEM SUPREME: Unique blend of SG Ceramic and Zirconia grain.
- This is an advanced Resin Fibre Disc from light to heavy pressure grinding requirement.
- Wide range of metals grinding and finishing application including Aerospace Industry.
- Provides optimum value.
“A” Type“A” Type represents superior grinding performance in a premium aluminum oxide resin fibre resin. A blend of advanced abrasive alloys and bonding agents delivers superior cutting rates and longer useful life. “A” Type provides optimal value when used in high stock removal applications and where a cool cutting action is required.Read more
- Premium Aluminum Oxide grit delivers superior cutting rates
- Advanced bonding formulation provides cool grinding action extending disc life
“C” Type“C” Type Aluminum Oxide Resin Fibre Discs provide overall economy with good performance in an all purpose resin fibre disc. Containing no halogen producing grinding additives. “C” Type has been designed to excel in a wide variety of applications providing both cost effective stock removal, and a safer working environment.Read more
- Low cost general purpose industrial quality disc
- The “classic” RFD, clean bonding system promotes a safer, healthier working environment
- No harmful additives, user friendly
“SMD” Type“SMD” Type are Soft Metal Discs designed for used on soft metals like bronze, brass and aluminum. These discs disperse their own lubrication as the disc grinds, delaying heat build up of the metal work piece. Lower work surface temperature means melting is delayed, allowing the disc to cut and last longer than regular discs. The protected disc acts as an open coat shedding any buildup of debris.Read more
- Reduces disc waste, and costly changeover time
- Low pressure required for optimum performance
- Innovative NEW product
“S/C” Type“S” Type Silicon Carbide is designed for stone, terrazzo, ceramic and non-ferrous metal stock removal. The highest quality Silicon Carbide is selected for this resin fibre disc.Read more
- Premium Silicon Carbide grit means fast cutting action on non-ferrous metal
- Clean bonding system promotes a safer, healthier working environment
- Definitive stone grinding
Spinlock DiscsLocking Discs: Can be applied to any disc with a 7/8” arbor. 5/8”-11 threaded lock allows the disc to spin on and off the spindle, without a locking nut or wrench.Read more
Quicklock “Spinner”Quicklock: Can be applied to any disc with 7/8” arbor. The 5/8”-11 Type “S” threaded lock, on the backside of the disc, allows flat grinding and eliminates the possibility of scratching the work piece. The threaded lock allows the disc to spin on and off the spindle without a locking nut or wrench.Read more